Dr. Almoutaz Hashim Hashim
Consultant Internal Medicine, Transplant Hepatologist and Gastroenterologist
Dr. Hashim obtained his Bachelor Degree in Medicine and Surgery in 2003, while attending the Faculty of Medicine at King Abdulaziz University in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, before moving to Ottawa University in Ottawa, Canada, to successfully complete his Fellowship at the Royal College of Physicians of Canada in 2008. Subsequently, Dr. Hashim attended the University of British Columbia in Vancouver, Canada, to receive his Certification by the American Board of Internal Medicine in 2008, followed by a Fellowship at the Royal College of Physicians of Canada in 2010, which he completed at the same University, where he later completed another Fellowship program in Liver Transplant in 2012 and In addition, Dr. Hashim acquired his Gastroenterology Certification by the American Board of Internal Medicine in 2012.
Since 2014, Dr. Hashim has been maintaining a teaching position as an Assistant Professor in Internal Medicine at the Faculty of Medicine at the University of Jeddah in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. Prior to that, Dr. Hashim served as a Consultant in Liver Transplant at King Faisal Specialist Hospital & Research Centre in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, between 2012 and 2014. He currently caters to DSFH with continuous passion.
- Fellow, Royal College of Physicians of Canada, Ottawa University, Ottawa, Canada, 2008
- Member, Canadian Association for the Study of the Liver (CASL)
- Board Member, Saudi Gastroenterology Association, 2014
- Member of the European Association for the Study of the Liver (EASL)
- Member of the American Association for the Study of the Liver (AASLD)
- Multiple research publication on liver disease